Saturday, March 9, 2013

Search

I used to fill my emotional void with music
It soothed my nerves, it gave me satisfaction
I was tired of being emotional all the time
So I tried relationships
First it was peers; friendships of all kinds
I was happy if I could bring people together
But I wanted something deeper
So then it was boyfriends
Who helped me open up and see beauty
But I became attached
and they all hurt me in some way
I was tired of pain
So I filled life with work
But my work was always lacking
It always needed improving
In some way, small or big, I was failing
I was tired of failing
So I sought guidance from my elders
much of my turmoil and sorrow left
when I felt loved by those with wisdom
who could help me gain a greater perspective on life
And thus I started to develop my own way of thinking
and didn't always agree on things
I couldn't rely solely on my elders anymore
I could not become a drone
So I started to try help others think for themselves
But I kept working without rest
And music started to feel bland
Dance became boring
Food lost its taste
Relationships drained me
Art lost its meaning
My passions started dying
I began to feel nothing at all...
except Christ...

Now all things are gray, and He is the only one in color
Music is noise, but his voice is a symphony
Food is bland, but His truth is sustenance
Relationships are nice, but His love is everything
and all other passions are dead except the desire to experience Him
"All my delight is in you Lord"

Ecclesiastes 1:1
“Meaningless! Meaningless!”
    says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
    Everything is meaningless.”


Psalm 63:3 
"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you"

Jeremiah 31:25
"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.”
 
"Praise be to the Lord, for he showed me the wonders of his love when I was in a city under siege"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment